Monday, May 9, 2011

Preparation: Dress shopping

So... after putting it off for a while (a week. And it was only because my mom was out of town and I was still in school) I went dress shopping. Also, I've posted. See! I can't really say anything about the dresses because Matt reads this and I don't want him to know. I also think he doesn't want to know. (Matt, "This is true.") I had fun and am going to go again tomorrow. My mom went with me. I was worried about how much she would try to influence my opinion (This worry may have come after I started watching Say Yes to the Dress at my in-laws) but she has continued to surprise me with how much she is letting me take charge. Though fun, I've learned I'm kinda indecisive and that makes decision making/planning really difficult.
Today my mom and I were talking about where exactly the reception should be. I want it outside. An outdoor evening reception in late July will be nice right? I really don't know. Its not like I have any experience in this sort of thing. :) I'm learning as I go and trying not to get too stressed about any of it.
After going to a couple of bridal dress places in Boise, my mom and I decided to go to the mall. There is a dress shop there that has some beautiful dresses, but the lady working didn't understand English very well. We left after a couple minutes after trying to explain to her how modest we needed the dress to be... ie: no laced up backs. (I didn't think we'd find anything there, but wanted to look anyway) Shoes and Jewelery took some more time and we found some possibilities. I need to find comfortable white high heels. Matt's too tall for me to want to wear flats.
Then again, all that is so low on the priority list. I'm excited for and trying to focus on the fact that Matt and I will be sealed for time and all eternity. I feel so young and sometimes insecure to be making such a big step in my life, but know it is the most important choice I'll ever get to follow through with. I'm so thrilled! Life is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Katie-I'm so excited for you! I want to go dress shopping with you! I cannot wait to see you and your gorgeous smile with that hunk of a man on your arm. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete